Preparing for primary school is one of the most important times in a child’s life. Our Lifelong Learning School Readiness program stimulates young minds, builds confidence, resilience and positive self-image, and supports children’s transition to school, preparing them for a positive start. It acknowledges that all children are capable of achievement as educators meet each child’s individual needs.
Ensuring your child is School Ready
Our university qualified teachers and experienced educators offer a structured school readiness program in our Preschool program, available Monday to Friday each week.
We offer a 3-year old and 4-year old Preschool program run over two years, and work closely with local primary schools as we transition children from Preschool to Primary School.
Children who attend at least three days of Preschool each week show obvious benefits and outcomes including:
• Engaging with early academic concepts – reading, writing, understanding of mathematic and scientific (STEM) concepts
• Ability to make new friends
• Independence and self-confidence
• Emotional skills, such as understanding their own feelings and those of others
• Exposure to new ideas and concepts
• Connection with, and contribution to their world
• Being able to investigate and problem solve
“Internationally, research shows children who have access to two years of a high-quality school readiness program start ahead at school and remain ahead. Our three-year old and four- year old Preschool programs offer two years of exciting educational experiences as part of our school readiness program , which also focus on physical, social and emotional development to prepare children for primary school.” Dr Lesley Jones, Affinity Education Group.
Please come and meet us!
To see our Preschool and meet our experienced team, please book a tour at our centre at a time convenient to you. Alternatively, please call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.
We deliver a School Readiness program that specialises in helping your child develop the skills and dispositions towards learning that we know they need to be successful in school. We focus on ensuring your children is socially, emotionally, and academically ready for the move to ‘big’ school. Our program , developed using research findings, focus on early education that supports 3-5 year-old children to explore:
• Foundational literacy and math skills
• Learning to recognize and write their own name
• Number recognition and early math problems
• 21st Century thinking skills and communication skills
• Self-help skills and confidence in being independent
• Social confidence and emotional resilience
Each Lifelong Learning Centre owned and operated by Affinity Education Group develops programs and learning provisions which are child-driven, and shaped around approved learning frameworks. The following frameworks are used in our centres:
• Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
• My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia
• Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework
• Queensland Preschool Learning Guidelines
• Western Australian Preschool Curriculum Guidelines
Copies of these frameworks are available at your centre. Please ask your Centre Manager for more information.
As children grow and develop, they become more curious of the world around them – and are driven to learn and explore. This is an important time to support their curiosity by exposing them to as many learning opportunities as possible. Preschool(also known as Preschool in some states) programs are crucial for children in the early childhood years to provide stimulation of growth and brain development, guiding children to learn at their own pace and be best prepared for their next step of going to ‘big school’.
One of the many benefits of our Preschool is our flexible care options which suit your needs. Community or school-based Preschool programs are typically run 2-3 days per week over 5-hr or 6-hr sessions.
• We offer 5-day-a-week options, with full-day and flexible session times to suit families, giving children access to far more choice and experience in their Preschool years.
• We recommend children attend Preschool three days a week, or at least 20 hours.
• Additional casual bookings are accepted where places are available.
Please also speak with us about school holiday care options, and how flexible sessions can meet your needs, so that you can make the most of the Child Care Subsidy available to you.
Starting at a new childcare centre can be just as exciting for you, as a parent, as it can be for your child. In order to ensure a smooth transition into our centres, we have provided a checklist below for what you should pack for your child on their first day. When you enrol at a Lifelong Learning Centre, you will be provided with all the information you need to know about starting with us. Below is a list of items to bring on your child’s first day at a child care centre, which is one of the helpful documents in our enrolment package.
• A change of clothes
• An item of comfort (such as a blanket or toy)
• Dummy if required
• Any medications
Your Centre Manager will advise you if you need to bring along anything else specific to your centre.
Yes, if you are eligible to receive the Australian Child Care Subsidy, this will reduce the out of pocket cost of your child care fees. We encourage all of our families to investigate their Child Care Subsidy options with Centrelink before enrolling their child(ren). To access Centrelink, you will need to create and use a MyGov account. We help families maximise their Child Care Subsidy by offering flexible day sessions, and keep you updated on your available hours.